Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Food (my favorite part!)

I realized today that we decided on a wedding location but I haven’t given any more information on it. It is about 20 minutes outside of San Antonio in the adorable community of Castroville. They really have some cute shops and places to eat including…The Castroville Café. They also provide all of the catering for the Hofmann Ranch. So after touring the ranch (and falling in love with it), we headed into Castroville for lunch. Super yum. I am really excited to have the wedding food in their capable hands. For weddings they do three options:
1. Formal seated meals.
2. Banquet service (buffet).
3. Family style.
I knew I didn’t really want formal seated because it doesn’t fit with the wedding and people can’t change their minds when they see all of the awesome food. Banquet is good, but you see it everywhere and Grant and I LOVED the idea of family style when we were first introduced to it at the Salt Lick many moons ago. We probably won’t have anyone at the wedding with crazy food requests (vegetarian, vegan, only free range chicken ☺) so family style it is. The number of menus that Gary Carter (owner of The Castroville Café) has is awesome. Here are some of my favorite options:
• Chicken cordon Bleu with White Wine Cream Sauce
• Grilled Pork Loin Chop
• Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast
• Beef Tenderloin
• Confetti Chicken (didn’t know what this one was but he described it, it sounded awesome)
We can easily do two options with family style and then people get what they want (aka both options). Any ideas on which two to pick?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummm!!! It sounds like a menu to die for! Obviously, I can't wait! I'm so excited that I have to respond to everything that you post - sorry! :)