Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Befores and Afters of my Home

I just wanted to show what an awesome job my (soon to be) brother in law did on my kitchen and bathroom. I think that it has really taken the place from the 1970s up to modern times. In the kitchen we replaced the tile (it was SO old and gross) with brown 6" square tiles and a brown and beige back splash. We also painted the cabinets an "ivory mist." I really love paint names.


This is the living room painting that my fiance and I did when I moved in a couple of years ago. Yes, the mirror wasn't removed (I think they stuck it on with super glue!) and just painted (a couple of coats over the mirror. No one would ever guess that there was mirror under there.


I still need to put on the hardware (brushed nickel knobs) but I love it. I'm so glad I get to enjoy it for a couple of months until I move out in May.


I am so sad that I don't have a before of this bathroom because the difference is huge. There is a new counter top and faucet changed out from the old circa 1979 yellow top that was on there before. The cabinet went from the same goldy brown that was in the kitchen to ivory mist as well. We also added the border around the mirror. What a difference!!


So I hope all of these changes will help my very loved condo sell in a couple of months. If you know anyone who is looking to buy a beauty of a condo in soon--send them my way!





No comments: