Saturday, February 14, 2009

Card Making

Since Grant and I decided that we are going to make our own invites for the wedding, I have been looking at different ways or creating cards/invites. When I heard that one of my best friends from high school was engaged and I needed to send a card, I decided that we should try out card making. I have been making cards for a while, just with my printer but really was ready to turn it up to 11 (what movie?!?). Today, we tried heat embossing for the first time. We got the materials at Joann Fabrics (one of my favorite stores!) and away we went!

1. Stamp on the image you like (no image :( sorry)

2. Cover with embossing powder and dust off when dry. Don't be stingy here, you get to keep it!



3. Decorate the envelope too!


4. Heat gun time.. Just heat up the design until the color changed to shiny.

I loved all of the cards I made. It is a really easy project and turn out great.


You can't see the 3D of these cards. They really look expensive but aren't at all. Overall--great project and can't wait to do it for the invites! Next up is the dog bed project--Rusty is excited....

No comments: