Sunday, March 1, 2009

The "Why" of Our Locale

Grant and I saw A LOT of wedding venues and looked at even more online. He has been the MOST patience and sweet guy through this whole process. I guess that is why I'm marrying him (and a whole myriad of other reasons..).
Here is what we looked at in person:
1. Winfield Inn
2. Ye Kendall Inn
3. Nimitz Museum
4. Grape Creek Vineyards
5. Terrace Club
6. Thurman Mansion
I can't even list what we looked at online! The reasons that I picked the Hofmann Ranch are numerous but kinda hard to put into words. It was just one of those things that you know it when you've got it. Here is what I judged on:
  • owners/coordinators--Are they easy to work with, did they return emails/phone calls?
  • ceremony site--I really want to get married at the same place as the reception so this was very important to me.
  • location--I am really excited that the Hofmann Ranch is close to my hometown, it will make things a lot easier.
  • rain plan--Yes, it is Texas and it rarely rains but if there wasn't a plan I am sure that it would!
  • time you can party til--some places cut you off at 10pm!
  • overall feel--This is your gut on the place.

1 comment:

dianne said...

Hi! Your blog caught my eye when I was researching the Hofmann Ranch. I am planning on visiting the venue soon, in hopes that it will be suitable for a wedding with around 300 guests. I'm trying to cut my losses, so would prefer to only visit places that are within our budget. If you don't mind sharing, how much does it cost to have a wedding there, including catering? Thanks!